Shared Hosting Solutions Definition
A shared hosting solution entails stockpiling and/or sharing given content on a web hosting server managed by a shared hosting supplier. There are different sorts of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's survey these. In that way, you can elect what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to run a blog, email addresses, or to share files with mates and partners.
- File hosting: a service offered by certain web hosts, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages frequently involve advertisements next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a given spell of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud shared hosting". This is a totally incongruous explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud shared hosting system would allocate the tasks at hand between separate bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different shared hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a kind of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific firms offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting type is appropriate if you want to share a great number of pictures with pals or partners since the service is commonly free of charge. You will get a random link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to administering your email aliases. Some companies offer shared hosting services for websites, but do not supply an email hosting solution. If you would like to own a mail address with your domain but do not wish to run a website, then the e-mail shared hosting service is what you require. You can open mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domain. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video produces a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred web page viewers, you may have a hard time with your shared hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will permit you to use as many video files as you want without worrying about system resources.
- Shared hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to have a web site. To some degree, it consists of all of the aforesaid hosting forms since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and mail addresses, upload video files, etc. At you can take a gaze at shared shared hosting and dedicated hosting plans that enable you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limitations based on the form of shared hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS hosting or a dedicated server. Based on that, your shared hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the usual email/file/video/image hosting plans that are devised for particular web content only.